When you register with Bedfordshire Parishes, we ask you to provide some details such as your name and email address. We keep these details so that we can contact you about Bedfordshire Parishes and the sites hosted on it.
If, once you have registered, you then join a site hosted on Bedfordshire Parishes, the name and email address that you registered with will also be available to the webmasters of that site so that they can contact you about their site.
Your email address is never automatically displayed on public web pages. If you add content to a site that you have joined (for example by posting on a discussion forum or commenting on a blog) then your name will be displayed next to your contribution. You can create a screen name, which will be displayed instead if you prefer.
Bedfordshire Parishes agrees to store and process all personal information it collects from you in accordance with the latest Data Protection legislation. We are entering a period in which new legislation is taking effect and there will be new legislation in the future. For now we have made adjustments to comply with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and we are monitoring the new Data Protection Bill.
Anyone running a site on Bedfordshire Parishes also has to agree to keep your details private and comply with data protection legislation. If you believe that your details are being misused by a site on Bedfordshire Parishes, you must contact us.
Our Privacy Promise
- To keep your data safe and private.
- Not to sell your data.
- To give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices and email communications at any time.
- To only use your data for its intended purpose.
- To erase your data upon request.
The Information We Collect, How We Collect It, And How We Use It.
Your registration with the Bedfordshire Parishes service and your use of Bedfordshire Parishes websites creates the lawful basis for Bedfordshire Parishes to process your data. The purpose for processing your data is specified during registration, and when you join a Bedfordshire Parishes website.
We may collect different types of personal and other information based on your use of Bedfordshire Parishes.
Some examples include:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, including your name, address, and e-mail address;
- Bedfordshire Parishes Websites' Usage, Viewing, and other Technical Information about your use of our network, services, products or websites.
We collect information when you give it to us when you register with, log in to, and use our websites.
We may use the information we collect in a variety of ways, including:
- Providing you with the best user experience possible;
- Providing the services you use, and to respond to your questions;
- Communicating with you regarding service updates and promotions;
- Delivering customized content that may be of interest to you;
- Addressing network integrity and security issues;
- Investigating, preventing or taking action regarding illegal activities, violations of our Terms of Service, or Acceptable Use Policies.
Online Activity Tracking
We collect information about your activity on Bedfordshire Parishes websites for a number of purposes. We use that information to help tailor the content you see on Bedfordshire Parishes websites.
Bedfordshire Parishes may collect information about your computer or mobile device such as your IP address, operating system and browser type, for administrative purposes and to report aggregated anonymised information to our business users. This is statistical data about the browsing actions, patterns of users of services (including yourself), but it will not identify you personally and does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
With Bedfordshire Parishes Website Administrators: Subject to applicable legal restrictions, we will share your Personal Information with other Bedfordshire Parishes websites when you have explicitly selected to join said websites to for the purposes of:
- Controlling site membership;
- Contacting their members (if appropriate);
- Ensuring your experience is as seamless as possible.
With Cambridge Open Systems: Cambridge Open Systems supply the Bedfordshire Parishes system. We share all information held on Bedfordshire Parishes with Cambridge Open Systems for the purposes of:
- Maintaining and running the system;
- Providing technical support.
In Other Circumstances: We may provide Personal Information to non-Bedfordshire Parishes companies or other third parties for purposes such as:
- Complying with court orders and other legal processes;
- To assist with identity verification, and to prevent fraud and identity theft;
- Enforcing our agreements and property rights.
Anonymous & Aggregated Information
- We obtain aggregate data by combining anonymous data that meet certain criteria into groups.
- We may share aggregated or anonymous information in various formats with trusted non-Bedfordshire Parishes entities, and may work with those entities to do research and provide products and services.
Safeguarding Your Information: Our Policy on Data Protection and Security
- We do not share your Personal Information with anyone for any purpose without your explicit permission.
- We maintain information about you in our business records while you are a user, or until it is no longer needed for business, tax, or legal purposes.
- We have implemented encryption or other appropriate security controls to protect Personal Information when stored or transmitted by Bedfordshire Parishes.
- We require non-Bedfordshire Parishes companies acting on our behalf to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with this Policy. We do not allow them to use such information for any purpose other than the original stated purpose for the data.
- The data that we collect from you shall not be transferred to or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). All information you provide to Bedfordshire Parishes is stored on our secure servers.
- You are responsible for keeping confidential the password that you submit to Bedfordshire Parishes on registration at the website. Bedfordshire Parishes asks that you do not share a password with anyone, that you regularly change your password, and always adopt a strong password policy.
- Once Bedfordshire Parishes receives your information, it will take operational and technical steps and use security procedures to safeguard and secure it and to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to/from Other Web Sites
Access To Information & Customer Service
The GDPR gives you the right to access the information that Bedfordshire Parishes holds about you. If you want us to send you details that it holds about you please write to Cambridge Open Systems, attention: Data Protection Officer at Synegis House, 21 Crockhamwell Road, Woodley RG5 3LE, UK.
Cambridge Open Systems is a trading name of BetterPoints Ltd. Registered in England and Wales No: 7356214. Registered address: The Courtyard, Shoreham Road, Upper Beeding, Steyning, West Sussex, BN44 3TN
Last Updated: 22/05/2018